Our programs have one common goal: reduce the amount of plastic consumption.
Reduce Your Plastic Footprint
As consumers, we can always choose to buy plastic-free products and ask your favorite merchants to carry plastic free packaging. Encourage your favorite restaurants to participate in the Consumer First Program which provides customers a plastic-free buying option.
Some businesses specialize in providing a plastic free shopping experience to customers. As we become aware of more businesses exclusively selling plastic free products, we will list them here.
PlasticFreeProducts.com – A handful of consumer products designed for sustainability
Additional steps you can take today to reduce your plastic footprint:
The Customer First Program
Are you a merchant? Plastic Rehab invites you to participate in our “Customer First” program by offering your customers the option to choose fully biodegradable fiber products instead of plastic or polystyrene products you may currently offer.
We believe every customer should be given the opportunity to choose a healthier option, and to understand how their choice impacts their life and the lives of others.
To achieve our mission, we have partnered with single-use product distributors who will provide your first fiber product order at a comparable cost to your existing plastic product.
Plastic Rehab will give you a free sign that can be placed on your counter to alert customers to their option. We will also train your employees for free on how to offer the program.
The customer may then decide if they agree to pay a small extra fee for a fiber product. If no customers decide to choose the eco-friendly option, you will still benefit by:
Showing your customers that you want them to have a choice.
Showing your customers that you care about the environment and the quality of your food.
Showing your customers that you are informed and are taking action with Plastic Rehab.
Showing your customers that you encourage local environmental organizations.
This is an opportunity to hear your customers’ opinions about plastic and polystyrene.
This is a risk-free trial since, even if your customers do not opt to pay a fee for more expensive fiber products, you may provide those products for free at no additional cost to you.
Reduce the Road Blocks
Reform the System
Replace the Opposition
Reduce, Reform, Replace
Reduce the influence of the Plastic Industry.
The Plastic Industry Association has been increasing its campaign contributions every cycle. Many individual companies including PepsiCo and Coca Cola are also spending millions to ensure that your representatives take no action to reduce plastic consumption. They’ll even create pseudo-environmental organizations to promote plastic recycling, neglecting the fact that 90% of plastic is never recycled. Even when responsible consumers put their plastic in the recycling bin, it’s still much more likely to end up in the ocean, in a landfill, or incinerated than ever being recycled.
- Learn to recognize organizations that seem to promote eco-friendly programs, but are actually working to ensure the continued use of single use plastics.
- Identify who is taking contributions from the Plastic Industry
Reform the current system to create a more sustainable planet using our Legislator Green Toolkit (coming soon).
- Learn about legislation ideas from around the world and the effect it could have or is already having
- Identify “low hanging fruit” legislation that has broad support (75%+ support) including polling data
- Find experts to consult on particular issues and how to become a planet advocate (including Plastic Rehab consulting)
- Find local ballot initiatives and petitions to support in your community
- Contact representatives to see where they stand on the issues and collaborate on the solutions
- Register fellow environmental advocates to vote and double check your registration status
- Run For Something – Use our Legislator Green Toolkit for yourself if your representative refuses to.